All levels welcome
2 hours / session
2 hours: $ 60 ($ 30 / hour) + tax
8 hours: $ 200 ($ 25 / hour) + tax
20 hours: $ 400 ($ 20 / hour) + tax
Get expert help with your own projects!
Are you working through an online course, or are you stuck in your personal programming project? Come get hands-on help from our expert instructors!
Our instructors are industry experts with experience teaching people from a wide range of backgrounds. They can provide support in Python, C, Java, Raspberry Pi, TensorFlow and more.
You will work on your own project and our instructors will help you with anything you need.
Who should come for drop-in lab hours?
- Professionals who need help with a project they are working on
- Online programming course students
- CS or Bootcamp students who need extra help with course material
- Anyone who wants help with personal programming or machine learning projects.
What do you get?
- Hands-on help with (almost anything) from Nova Institute Instructors.
- Bring your own project (all levels welcome)
- You need to bring your own laptop (Windows/Linux/MacOS)
Introductory certificate workshop
4 hours over 2 days
Regular: $ 299 + tax
Get started with Deep Learning
Machine Learning is a highly sought after skillset in today’s job market.
This workshop is a great way to get started with machine learning. We do not just teach you the theory, we train you in how to apply it to real-world problems.
TensorFlow and Keras are frameworks for Machine Learning that are being widely applied in the industry. In our workshop, you will learn to use these frameworks and how to solve real-world machine learning problems using just a few lines of Python code.
This is a WORKshop, you will learn by doing, guided by our expert instructors. We teach you how the algorithms work, and we train you in how to apply them.
What you get:
- Build, use and tune models for machine learning.
- Apply machine learning to real-world problems.
- Know how to avoid common mistakes.
- Certificate of Completion
You will learn about:
- Neural networks and deep learning
- Activation functions
- Cost functions
You will use common tools and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras and more.
You will know where to find resources, pre-trained models, and datasets for your own machine learning projects. And you will have the continuing support of our staff and our Alumni Community after you finish.
You do need to bring your own laptop for this workshop. Before the workshop, we will help you set up everything you need on your laptop so that you are ready to start coding.
Who should take this course?
- Developers new to Machine Learning
- Anyone considering a career in Data Science
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- You need to bring your own laptop (Windows/Linux/macOS)
Saturday 3pm – 5pm
Sunday 3pm – 5pm
The workshop includes one project assignment to be completed at home.
The Weekend Workshop series are hands-on 2-day courses in subjects of Machine Learning and Data Science. Our Introductory level workshops serve as great starting points in your Machine Learning Journey. Intermediate and advanced level workshops will take a deep dive into one specific technology, tool or technique. In all our courses we adapt our curriculum based on trends in the industry as well as the needs of our individual students.