The Department of Medical Devices at Nova Institute provides Ontario Made medical grade face masks to help keep healthcare workers safe and pull Canada through the pandemic. We have also developed a 100% biodegradable face mask that meets the highest standards of Health Canada.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to our VP of Medical Devices
Location: Oakville, ON
Day to day tasks:
- Answer calls, emails, and book meetings (zoom, calls, and in-person).
- Strategically plan and prioritize to make the best use of the VP’s time.
- Arrange the VP’s calendar schedule including personal reminders for prayer times and gym.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks such as preparing reports, taking notes, arrange deliveries, and any day to day tasks the VP needs help with.
- Manage the VP’s email inbox and draft and send emails when requested.
- Keep track of documentation, data sheets, and test reports and ensure they are available for the VP when requested.
The executive assistant may be required to work non-traditional hours and extended hours.
As manufacturers of PPE we are an essential service, and the position may require both in-person and remote work, including travelling to client locations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is eager to learn and work in a fast paced start-up business environment
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to anticipate what the VP needs at all times.
- Has experience in communicating with executives and clients.
- Possess a high sense of urgency, yet able to stay calm under pressure
- Are proficient with Zoom and Microsoft Office
- Enjoys a casual work environment while keeping a high degree of professionalism and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Has a driver’s license
- Do not think any job is too small or trivial, and realize that even the act of bringing coffee at the right time can be essential for smooth operation of the business.
- Are able to follow instructions, even when instructions are vague.
It would also be awesome if you:
- Have experience in business development, sales, marketing, and/or communicating with large business clients.
- Have experience from the medical device field.
Nova Institute is an equal opportunities employer, and our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. We have more than 13 languages spoken fluently among our workforce, and welcome candidates from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Please contact us and attach your CV to apply.