Are you an electrical engineering student and want to use your superpowers to shape the future of clean energy?
We are looking for two electrical engineering Co-op students for an exciting clean-tech project!
The position is a paid 4 months full-time co-op placement starting June 15.
You must currently be enrolled at a university or college in an electrical engineering program.
We are a diversity-oriented employer and strongly encourage women, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and recent immigrants to apply.
Qualifications (In priority):
- Enrolled in Electrical Engineering or similar at a University or College.
- Be curious
- Like to read research papers
- Knowledge about circuit design
- Interest in kinetic energy harvesting
It would also be awesome if you:
- Have knowledge about dielectric elastomers or other Electroactive Polymers (EAP’s)
- Have practical lab experience
- Have experience in circuit design
- Have knowledge in the safe operation of high voltage circuits
If that last list does not apply to you, no worries, interest goes a long way, and we are good at teaching =)
- Read and summarize research papers
- Aid lead researcher in testing electrical characteristics of certain materials
- Circuit design and experimenting
- Meaningful and interesting work placement
- Valuable experience that looks nice on your CV
- Great training and mentoring program
- Competitive salary
- Possibility for future job opportunities
Workplace: Due to Covid19 safety measures most of the work will likely be from your home, although some work may need to be done at our lab in Mississauga. But feel free to apply if you only can work remotely, we can make that work.
Please direct all questions and applications to our contact form.